Birchmere lake is 11 acres and is situated in a lovely park setting in Thamesmead, south east London. There is a good head of carp up to double figures, these combined with other species make this an ideal general course fishery.
As far as perch /roach /bream go you’ll bag up all day. Pike are up to double figures and this lake held the British Record Pike at 41lb a few years ago.
With an average depth of 5ft falling to 7ft in some places, mostly gravel beds the rest is silt, the quality of fish is excellent.
Day ticket fishing is available on this lake.
This water is suitable for disabled anglers
PLEASE NOTE – fish must be returned to the lake once caught.
- Toilets – None on site
- Carp to double figures
- Pike to double figures
- Bream to double figures
- Tench to 8lbs
- Roach to 3lbs
- Perch to 3lbs
Our fish are microchipped using the Chips4Fish system.
No Pike angling is allowed between 15th March and 1st October each season
Pike angling rules
- No live bait at any time
- Deadbaiting: Semi-barbed or barbless treble hooks only at a minimum of size 10.
- Minimum breaking strain line of 12lbs for Deadbaiting.
- Minimum breaking strain line of 8 lbs for spinning.
- Traces must be a minimum of 15lbs breaking strain and a minimum of 6 inches long.
- No fixed leads of any kind when Deadbaiting, free running only.
- Unhooking mats and forceps are necessary. Anyone not using these is compromising pike safety.
- Inexperienced pike anglers must be supervised by someone who knows what they’re doing. Pike may be predators but they’re very delicate and if handled improperly can die very quickly when returned.
day ticket fishing
PLEASE NOTE – A rod fishing licence is required before fishing. To apply for a rod fishing licence online click HERE
Day tickets are available from the bailiff on the banks
- £6 one rod, dawn till dusk
- Senior citizens over 65 years old £4 per rod
- Juniors over 12 years old £4 per Rod
- Night fishing is members only
No litter is to be left in or around swims, please put it in a bin or take it home.
Bins are provided so there is no excuse
More information on safety and the environment can be found HERE
For full google map information click HERE
Full TTAC rules and regulations can be found HERE